5.04.2011

Presenting WOOL-TYME Kingston's IRISH Knitting Tour 2011

This time last year, I was on the train heading for the west coast, traveling through northern Ontario on the only rainy day of the whole trip. But what did the rain matter, I was watching the amazing wilderness roll by from the comfort of the club car, knitting on my first toe-up sock. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the whole experience, and every time I hear the sound of a train I reaffirm my resolve to make travel a part of my life for a long time.

On the right are a couple of young ladies that I met in the observation car. They too had brought handicrafts to pass the hours, showing off their model airplane. It was all just too much fun for words.

And in just a few months, I get to strap on my traveling shoes again and head to Ireland with WOOL-TYME Kingston's very own tour, organized in conjunction with Service Guaranteed Travel.

From Sept 26th to Oct 6th, 2011, you can join us on a tour of that most fabled land of glorious knits, visiting castles, cathedrals, pubs, abbeys, a sheep and wool museum, capped off with an authentic Irish knitting workshop which will include learning all about Aran knitting.

You will touch down in Dublin, Waterford for the crystal factory, Cork, Kerry, Killarney, Limerick, the Aran Islands, Connemara, Galway and back to Dublin with lots of time in each location to gain a sense of the flavour of the area. All this in the luxury of a modern motor coach with driver and a guide, offering a half day tour of Dublin, a ferry trip to Inishmor (and back, of course), breakfasts each day, a medieval banquet, and 4 other dinners along the way. And all of this for the very sensible sum of about $2500. Truly a travel bargain.

With a local guide to shepherd us around the country, my job will be to act as your knitting support, on deck to answer any and all knitting questions, help with patterns that befuddle, pick up stitches that escape and generally be your knitting "auntie" for the trip so the experience will be as fulfilling as possible in all ways.
Link here or on the tab at the top to go to WOOL-TIME Kingston's IRISH Knitting Tour 2011 page to keep abreast of new information and to get further details.

For just $250 you can reserve your spot for this wonderful knitting experience of a lifetime.
Don't miss out.


TICO 50013205

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I wish I could join you... perhaps another time. I'm looking forward to reading about when you return.